You will be advised of transportation arrangements upon registration.
Betar prides itself on dugma ishit (setting a personal example). Our leaders are quality role models who have strong Jewish and Zionistic beliefs. All senior leaders involved have a Working with Children’s Check, voluntarily completed a Child’s Safety workshop and have completed a Betar approved leadership course. Several leaders also graduated from Shnat, a year-long advanced leadership program held in Israel.
Betar promotes an inclusive and supportive enviroment for all participants. If your child has special needs please contact Yishai on 0415 823 665 or Ella on 0407 212 999 to discuss the measures that need to be taken to cater the special needs of your child on camp.
There is a first aid officer on site at all times and a full First Aid Kit available. If your child is taking any medication, or has any condition/allergy that we need to know about, you must include details of all the condition and the treatment on the medical form.
What to bring
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Winter Pyjamas
- Clothes for 5 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts, t-shirts)
- Betar gimmicks/clothing
- Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- At least 1 Jumper
- Clothes to get dirty/messy in
- Spare white T Shirt
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they will be available for purchase on Camp for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Plastic bag for laundry
- Camera (optional)
- Medication (if needed)
Any medication that your child requires must be clearly labelled with storage and dosage instructions and handed to Adam or Ari at the start of camp. This medication will be dispensed, when required, by the medical officer.
What Not To Bring
- Mobile phones, iPods or other expensive toys. Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please ensure to check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher enviroment for all chanichim. Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to or consumed during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
- The use of mobile phones and MP3 players will not be permitted during peulot (activities)
Betar operates a tuckshop at certain times during camp, and sells kosher lollies, chocolate and drinks. You have the option to prepay for Tuckshop or bring some money if you want to buy something during camp. If your child would like a Chultzah, please give them $35 to give to one of the madrichim during tuckshop to get their Chultzah. Don’t forget to tick the box when you register saying you would like a Chultzah!