Welcome to Machane BETOCH HAYAM! (UNDER THE SEA)!
Are you ready to dive into the depths of the ocean? If you are from Melbourne or Sydney, get ready to embark on an exciting adventure at “Machane Betoch Hayam” – our Under the Sea themed camp happening in Sydney from the 3rd to the 6th of July for grades 2 – 10!
So come on down and make some waves with us and don’t forget to bring your friends! We promise it will be shore-ly worth it!
Love your Camp Roshim
Tash and Sam xx
What to Bring
Camp will run for 4 days and 3 nights. Participants will be expected to have enough clothing for the full extent of camp. If any items are forgotten we will do our best to accommodate however to avoid issues please ensure your children have everything they need when coming on camp.Full Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Clothes for 5 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts)
- Dark Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- Clothes to get dirty/messy in
- Kippah (optional)
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they are will be available for purchase for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Medication (if needed)
- Previous Camp Gimmicks
- Clothes for Dinner Themes (Themes revealed closer to camp)
- Shabbat Clothes
- Warm Clothes (It’s going to be very cold!)
- Mobile phones (For below yr 7), iPod’s or other expensive toys.
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please ensure to check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher enviroment for all chanichim. Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to or consumed during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
Betar acts as a not-for profit organisation and prices are kept as low as possible.
Early Bird fee: Signup before 20/5 and pay $450
Standard fee: Signup before 21/6 and pay $475
Late fee: Signup after 21/6 and pay $515
Melbourne – Sydney
QF426: 3 July 9:00-10:25
QF459: 6 July 15:30-17:05
Please be aware that chanichim travelling to and from Sydney on alternative flights will need to coordinate transportation to the campsite. Please advise us if you plan on sending your child on a different flight so we can ensure all chanichim get to the campsite safely.
All must be completed otherwise your child will not be allowed to attend. Please complete, scan, and email to the roshim of camp email@example.com
ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER:
Please put your child’s full name in the transfer description.
Account Name: Betar Australia
Account BSB: 063-128
Account No: 1055-0445
Description: “Name of camper/s”
PLEASE NOTE: No child will be able to board the bus without submitting their forms and payment.
We believe no child should be excluded from participating in Betar activities, regardless of their financial situation. If payment poses a problem, please tick the financial assistance box and our treasurer will contact you. If you would like to reach out, do not hesitate to contact Millie Noden (Betar Australia Treasurer) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality is always assured.
If you have any more enquiries or concerns about camp please contact the Roshim (Heads) of camp with the details below:
Tash – 0421 566 364
Sam- 0468 372 962
Email correspondence for all states through: email@example.com
Rosh Hanhagah Artzit:
Please contact Ariel if you have any general questions/enquiries about Betar Australia or COVID-19 specific questions.
Ariel Berger – 0420 551 678 – firstname.lastname@example.org