Welcome to Machane Chayot Mesiba!
Betar Melbourne is excited to announce Machane Chayot Mesiba! (Camp Party Animals)
Camp will be run as usual, running over 5 days as an overnight camp.
Camp this year is for grades 2-10, and each day will be jam-packed with peulot (activities), games and so much fun with all your friends. We look forward to making many new memories with all of our campers, old and new!
We can’t wait to see all your smiling faces very very soon.
Love from your roshim Mika, Monique and Rafi 💕
What to Bring
Camp will run for 5 days and 4 nights. Participants will be expected to have enough clothing for the full extent of camp. If any items are forgotten we will do our best to accommodate however to avoid issues please ensure your children have everything they need when coming on camp.Full Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Clothes for 5 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts)
- Dark Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- Clothes to get dirty/messy in
- Kippah (optional)
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they are will be available for purchase for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Medication (if needed)
- Previous Camp Gimmicks
- Clothes for Dinner Themes (Themes revealed closer to camp)
- Mobile phones (For below yr 7), iPod’s or other expensive toys.
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please ensure to check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher enviroment for all chanichim. Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to or consumed during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
Betar acts as a not-for profit organisation and prices are kept as low as possible.
Opening Special: Signup Before the 24/5 and pay only $400
Early Bird: Signup Before the 1/6 and pay $450
Standard Prices: Signup Before the 20/6 and pay $475
Sleepy Bird: Signup after the 20/6 and pay $500
In addition for kids in grades 2-4 wanting to do half the camp length, all camp prices will be halved.
All must be completed otherwise your child will not be allowed to attend. Please complete, scan, and email to the roshim of camp (see below)
Payable to “Betar Vic Youth Movement”.
Please send your cheque addressed to
2/4 Maple Street, Caulfield South, 3162
ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER:
Please put your child’s full name in the transfer description.
Account Name: Betar VIC
Account BSB: 633-000
Account No: 1605-52436
Description: “Name of camper/s”
PLEASE NOTE: No child will be able to board the bus without submitting their forms and payment.
It has been longstanding policy of Betar Australia that no child should be excluded from participation due to financial constraints. If payment poses a problem, please do not hesitate to contact Max Kugel (Betar Melbourne Gizbar) on 0466 717 656.
Confidentiality is always assured.
If you have any more enquiries or concerns about camp please contact the Roshim (Heads) of camp with the details below:
Mika Dyskin – 0402 532 306
Rafi Licenblat – 0497 093 310
Monique Barnett – 0431 139 373
Mefakedet (Director) of Betar Melbourne:
Please contact Guy if you have any general questions/enquiries about Betar Melbourne or COVID-19 specific questions.
Guy Dyskin – 0421 426 537