Welcome to Machane Chaim Tovim!
Shalom and Welcome!
It gives us great pleasure to announce the 2021 New South Wales summer camp… Chaim Tovim! Meaning Life’s Good! Despite the unpredictable circumstances of this year, summer camp will go ahead!
Betar New South Wales is all about bringing Jewish youth together, connecting our amazing chanichim (participants) and madrichim (leaders) through engaging peulot (activities) and fun camp wides, creating the best camp experience possible!
We are acting according to AZYC guidelines and Government regulations. We are keeping our eyes open for any changes and will update you accordingly, we hope to see you there!
There’s bound to be many incredible friendships and memories ahead!
See you all soon!
What to Bring
Camp will run for 4 days and 3 nights. Participants will be expected to have enough clothing for the full extent of camp. If any items are forgotten we will do our best to accommodate however to avoid issues please ensure your children have everything they need when coming on camp.Full Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Clothes for 4 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts)
- Dark Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- Clothes to get dirty/messy in
- Kippah (optional)
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they are will be available for purchase for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Medication (if needed)
- Mobile phones, iPod’s or other expensive toys.
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please ensure to check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher enviroment for all chanichim. Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to or consumed during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
Betar acts as a not-for profit organisation and prices are kept as low as possible.
Opening Week: Pay Before the 8/11 and pay only $300
Early Bird: Pay Before the 26/11 and pay $350
Standard Prices: Pay Before the 20/12 and pay $375
Sleepy Bird: Pay after the 20/12 and pay $400
Cost of camp includes transport to and from the campsite, accommodation, kosher meals, all on-camp activities and an awesome gimmick from camp.
Betar also provides a tuckshop service for participants, selling kosher chocolates, lollies and drinks at additional cost.
All must be completed otherwise your child will not be allowed to attend. Please complete, scan, and email to the roshim of camp (see below)
Payable to “Betar NSW Youth Movement”.
Please send your cheque and your indemnity form addressed to
Betar NSW Summer Camp
P.O Box 942, Randwick 2031
ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER:
Please put your child’s full name in the transfer description.
Account Name: Betar NSW
Account BSB: 062-236
Account No: 0090-1453
PLEASE NOTE: No child will be able to board the bus without submitting their forms and payment.
It has been longstanding policy of Betar Australia that no child should be excluded from participation due to financial constraints. If payment poses a problem, please do not hesitate to contact Yishai (Betar Sydney Gizbar) on +61 415 823 665 by the 26th of November. It becomes increasingly difficult to arrange subsidies after this date, although we will still endeavour to accommodate your child.
Confidentiality is always assured.
If you have any more enquiries or concerns about camp please contact the Roshim (Heads) of camp with the details below:
Harrison Ryan: 0423 752 322
Max Kugel: 0466 717 656
For COVID-19 Related questions please contact the Mefakedet of Betar NSW:
Rebecca Sheinbar: 0423 969 967