Welcome to Machane ONCE IN A LIFETIME!
MACHANE ONCE IN A LIFETIME – מחנה פעם בחיים
Betar Australia would like to invite you to 2022 winter camp – FED STYLE. From the 6-10 of July 2022, we will be running a winter camp in Queensland for channies in years 2-10 from NSW, Victoria and QLD. Don’t miss out on this chance to make new friends and reunite with old ones from all over Australia– for the first time since 2019, at a ONCE IN A LIFETIME Machane.
Sign up now!
Camp Roshim, Gemma, Bridgette and Ziggy
What to Bring
Camp will run for 5 days and 4 nights. Participants will be expected to have enough clothing for the full extent of camp. If any items are forgotten we will do our best to accommodate however to avoid issues please ensure your children have everything they need when coming on camp.Full Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Clothes for 5 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts)
- Dark Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- Clothes to get dirty/messy in
- Kippah (optional)
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they are will be available for purchase for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Medication (if needed)
- Previous Camp Gimmicks
- Clothes for Dinner Themes (Themes revealed closer to camp)
- Shabbat Clothes
- Warm Clothes (It’s going to be very cold!)
- Mobile phones (For below yr 7), iPod’s or other expensive toys.
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please ensure to check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher enviroment for all chanichim. Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to or consumed during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
Betar acts as a not-for profit organisation and prices are kept as low as possible.
Early Bird: Signup Before the 14/5 and pay $280
Standard Prices: Signup After the 14/5 and pay $300
Early Bird: Signup Before the 14/5 and pay $330
Standard Prices: Signup After the 14/5 and pay $350
Early Bird: Signup Before the 14/5 and pay $380
Standard Prices: Signup After the 14/5 and pay $400
VA925, 9:00am-10:30am, $109
VA974, 5:35pm-7:10pm, $129 **Cancelled**
QF545, 5:10pm-6:45pm, $219 **Updated 26/05**
VA313, 8:10am-10:20am, $159
QF635, 6:15pm-8:40pm, $240
Please be aware that chanichim traveling to and from Queensland on alternative flights will need to coordinate transportation to the campsite. Please advise us if you plan on sending your child on a different flight so we can ensure all chanichim get to the campsite safely.
All must be completed otherwise your child will not be allowed to attend. Please complete, scan, and email to the roshim of camp email@example.com
Payable to “Betar Australia Youth Movement”.
Please send your cheque addressed to
2/4 Maple Street, Caulfield South, 3162
ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER:
Please put your child’s full name in the transfer description.
Account Name: Betar Australia
Account BSB: 063-128
Account No: 1055-0445
Description: “Name of camper/s”
PLEASE NOTE: No child will be able to board the bus without submitting their forms and payment.
We believe no child should be excluded from participating in Betar activities, regardless of their financial situation. If payment poses a problem, please tick the financial assistance box and our treasurer will contact you. If you would like to reach out, do not hesitate to contact Yishai Elaluf (Betar Australia Treasurer) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality is always assured.
If you have any more enquiries or concerns about camp please contact the Roshim (Heads) of camp with the details below:
Gemma – 0451 373 784
Bridgette – 0413 544 808
Ziggy – 0448 453 132
Email correspondence for all states through: winter email@example.com
Rosh Hanhagah Artzit:
Please contact Guy if you have any general questions/enquiries about Betar Australia or COVID-19 specific questions.
Guy Dyskin – 0421 426 537