Welcome to Machane Retro!
Betar Queensland is so happy to announce our Summer Camp, MACHANE RETRO!
Everyone from grades 2-6 and 10 are encouraged to join us for a jam-packed 4 days.
Specific information regarding COVIDSafe preparations, pick-up and drop-off, campsite address, etc. will be released closer to the date.
All Betar Queensland activities are run in accordance to AZYC Safeguarding Children Guidelines and government regulations.
We greatly appreciate your continued support and look forward to making many new memories with all our campers.
Sasha and Daniel
What to Bring
Camp will run for 4 days and 3 nights. Participants will be expected to have enough clothing for the full extent of camp. If any items are forgotten we will do our best to accommodate however to avoid issues please ensure your children have everything they need when coming on camp.Full Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Clothes for 4 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts)
- Dark Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- Clothes to get dirty/messy in
- Kippah (optional)
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they are will be available for purchase for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Medication (if needed)
- Mobile phones, iPod’s or other expensive toys.
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please ensure to check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher enviroment for all chanichim. Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to or consumed during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
Early bird special: Signup before the 14/11 and pay $390
Standard fee: Signup before the 5/12 and pay $410
Late fee: Signup after the 5/12 and pay $430
Betar acts as a not-for profit organisation and prices are kept as low as possible.
This year we are experimenting with a new sign up system, there shouldn’t be any need to complete these forms as they have been integrated into the sign up form. If there are any issues we will let you know if you need to use the forms below.
ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER:
Please put your child’s full name in the transfer description.
Account Name: Betar QLD
Account BSB: 064-123
Account No: 00910272
Description: “Name of camper/s”
PLEASE NOTE: No child will be able to board the bus without submitting their forms and payment.
It has been longstanding policy of Betar Australia that no child should be excluded from participation due to financial constraints. If payment poses a problem, please do not hesitate to contact Kira Jackson (Betar QLD Gizbar) on 0436 010 503.
Confidentiality is always assured.
If you have any more enquiries or concerns about camp please contact the Roshim (Heads) of camp with the details below:
Daniel Mendels – 0468 396 594
Sasha Ilushin- 0466 971 268
Mefaked (Director) of Betar Queensland:
Please contact Daniel if you have any general questions/enquiries about Betar Queensland or COVID-19 specific questions.
Daniel Mendels – 0468 396 594