Welcome to Machane Wild!!
Betar QLD is so happy to announce our summer camp, MACHANE WILD!
After the year we just had we are so excited to be back in action this winter with incredible activities!
Camp will be for years 2-10. Each day will be jam-packed with peulot (activities), games, outings and loads of time for your children to hang out with all of their friends! We’re back to normal this year, meaning an overnight camp.
Drop off and pick up will be near Greenslopes for Brisbane campers, and near Surfers Paradise for Gold Coast campers. For security reasons we are not releasing the exact addresses however they will be sent out to those who have signed up in the days leading up to camp.
We look forward to making many new memories with all of our campers, old and new!
Finally, we are acting in accordance to AZYC guidelines and government regulations. We will be keeping our eyes open for any changes and update you accordingly.
We can’t wait to see all your smiling faces very very soon,
Ziggy & Daniel
What to Bring
Winter camp this year will run for 5 days and 4 nights. Participants will be expected to have enough clothing for the full extent of camp. If any items are forgotten we will do our best to accommodate however to avoid issues please ensure your children have everything they need when coming on camp.Full Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Clothes for 5 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts)
- Dark Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- Clothes to get dirty/messy in
- Kippah (optional)
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they are will be available for purchase for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Medication (if needed)
- Mobile phones, iPod’s or other expensive toys.
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please ensure to check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher enviroment for all chanichim. Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to or consumed during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
Standard Prices: Signup Before the 28/6 and pay $380
Late Fee: Signup after the 28/6 and pay $400
This year we are experimenting with a new sign up system, there shouldn’t be any need to complete these forms as they have been integrated into the sign up form. If there are any issues we will let you know if you need to use the forms below.
ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER:
Please put your child’s full name in the transfer description.
Account Name: Betar QLD
Account BSB: 064-123
Account No: 00910272
Description: “Name of camper/s”
PLEASE NOTE: No child will be able to board the bus without submitting their forms and payment.
It has been longstanding policy of Betar Australia that no child should be excluded from participation due to financial constraints. If payment poses a problem, please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Mendels (Rosh Betar QLD) on 0468 396 594 or Kira Jackson (Betar QLD Gizbar) 0436 010 503.
Confidentiality is always assured.
If you have any more enquiries or concerns about camp please contact the Roshim (Heads) of camp with the details below:
Ziggy – 0448 453 132
Daniel Mendels – 0468 396 594
Mefaked (Director) of Betar Queensland:
Please contact Daniel if you have any general questions/enquiries about Betar Queensland or COVID-19 specific questions.
Daniel Mendels – 0468 396 594