2023 SENIOR SEMINAR!
Looking to get a quick fix of Betar back into your lives? Join our Senior Seminar in Queensland on the 14th – 16th of April. It’s a chance for all our Year 10 – 13 Chanchim and Madatzim across all three States to spend a special Shabbat together. The Educational Seminar will be hosted by Roshim Ariel and Ziggy.
So clear your calendar and join us for a weekend of friends, fun and education!!
Camp Roshim Ariel & Ziggy
What to Bring
Camp will run for 3 days (2 nights). Participants will be expected to have enough clothing for the full extent of camp. If any items are forgotten we will do our best to accommodate however to avoid issues please ensure your children have everything they need when coming on camp.Full Packing List
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow, pillowcase and fitted sheet
- Clothes for 3 days (underwear, socks, pants, shorts)
- Dark Jeans/trousers (at least one pair is essential)
- Shabbat Clothes
- Kippah (optional)
- Betar Chultzah (if you don’t have one they are will be available for purchase for $35)
- Runners and closed shoes
- Medication (if needed)
- Nuts or any products containing nuts are banned under Australian law, from all camps in Australia. Please check all food products before packing.
- Non-Kosher food or lollies. Betar camps are kosher, and aim to provide a kosher environment for all chanichim (campers). Non-kosher food will be confiscated.
- Energy drinks such as V and Red Bull and chewing gum are not to be brought to, or consumed, during camp at all.
- Any person found in possession of the following may be asked to leave the campsite at their own expense with no refund: stink bombs, smoke bombs, cigarettes, alcohol, knives or weapons of any kind and illicit substances.
Betar does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of personal items.
Betar is a not-for profit organisation and prices are kept as low as possible. The cost of camp includes transport to and from the campsite, accommodation, all meals (Kosher) and all on-camp activities.
Please note that due to the cost of flying interstate, which has increased more-so due to COVID-19, we have adjusted prices to maintain equity.
NOTE: FLIGHTS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF CAMP
QLD – $275
NSW – $215
VIC – $150
We highly recommend your child travels with the group on the recommended flights below. They will be accompanied by a madrich (leader).
New South Wales
Sydney – Brisbane
14th April: Rex ZL314 – 7:15am – 7:45 am
Brisbane – Sydney
16th April: Rex ZL367 5:00pm – 735pm
Melbourne – Brisbane
14th April: VA826 09:30-11:05
Brisbane – Melbourne
16th April: VA346 17:55-20:20
If you wish to book a different flight please ensure they adhere to the following times:
14th April: Flight must arrive at Brisbane airport prior to 9:30am
16th April: Flight must depart at Brisbane airport after 6:15pm
Please advise us if you plan on sending your child on a different flight so we can ensure all chanichim get to the campsite safely.
All must be completed otherwise your child will not be allowed to attend. Please complete, scan, and email to the roshim of camp (see below)
ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER:
Please put your child’s full name in the transfer description.
Account Name: Betar Australia
Account BSB: 063-128
Account No: 1055-0445
Description: “Name of camper/s”
PLEASE NOTE: No child will be able to board the bus without submitting their forms and payment.
We believe no child should be excluded from participating in Betar activities, regardless of their financial situation. If payment poses a problem, please tick the financial assistance box and our treasurer will contact you. If you would like to reach out, do not hesitate to contact Millie Noden (Betar Australia Treasurer) by email at email@example.com.
Confidentiality is always assured.
If you have any more enquiries or concerns about camp please contact the Roshim (Heads) of camp with the details below:
Ziggy – 0448 453 132
Ariel – 0420 551 678
Please contact Guy if you have any general questions/enquiries about Betar Australia or COVID-19 specific questions.